Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Shots & Books & Supplies, Oh My!

All you wonderful people out there who have come out of the wood work to support this Haiti trip, I'm so grateful.

Tobi & Ross Feldman
Angela Haskins
Karen James and family

So many shots to be had, Typhoid, DTaP (for Tetanus), Hep A, Cholera and Malaria pills.
I'm taking more doses of meds in a two month period than I ever have.
My arms are a little sore but so far so good.
Only Cholera and Malaria left.

I have thought in the past not so highly of childhood vaccines but I've come to understand the reason behind vaccines.  PREVENTION!  Well, my daughter might respond with a "duh, mom"!  I'm so happy to know I can travel to an impoverished country and be safe from many illnesses that kill Haitians; young and old, all the time due to lack of medical resources and not being able to afford them.

As the days grow closer, I plan to finish the book I'm reading "Haiti after the Earthquake" by Paul Farmer.  I am making lists of the supplies I need, plan for suitcases to carry clothes and school supplies.
Helping to make possible my 4H club's bake sale that will also raise money for this expedition.
Coordinate my children's schedule while I'm gone.

Oh My!

My goal is:      $2,000.00
My total raised : $915.00
Still to raise:     $1,085.00

If you plan to donate, my deadline is March 15.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment